TL; DR: You can watch the video here.
And it’s on C++!!!! I started a new challange where I will build a scientific calculator that can handle common logarithmic and trigonometric functions. It will have its own parser, expression tree builder and calculator. It will also solve linear equations. I plan to have these videos in the challange:
- Parser implementation with shunting-yard algorithm
- Parser-make it work. Unit testing structure and such.
- Expression tree operations’ implementation.
- Testing if expression tree works as expected – make it work.
- Expression tree build-up functionality.
- Expression tree builder – make it work.
- CLI app buildup.
- E2E tests with Python.
- Add in-code documentation, UML diagrams and markdown documentation.
I may or may not publish the code anywhere since I want larger user interest in the video. I embed the video in the post if you want to check it out, it’s right below: